Wednesday 5 September 2012

filming for BBC Paul Martin's "Handmade Revolution"

We have been working with the producers of this new BBC series since February and are quite excited about how it is looking.
Today Paul Martin and crew came to film in my workshop for an episode which will air in October. He made a bowl and I carved the spoon, by the end of the day he was tired but happy and he did a great job.
 I started planning the day before with daughter JoJo turning a bowl so I could check out how long it would take, how the wood was working and sharpen up my tools.

Today the National Trust were flying a helicopter up and down the valley airlifting sacks of stone onto the moor for footpath work. I know on camera you are supposed to do soundbites but we had 1 1/2 minutes quiet whilst they were loading down the hill then 2 minutes noise then 3 minutes quiet whilst they were up the hill and 2 minutes noise again all day.

 crew setting up.
 Paul launching in with huge enthusiasm
Close attention of camera and sound men.
 outside nearly done.
 hollowing the inside
 nearly there
 finished bowls
 Paul is genuinely passionate about traditional crafts and has agreed to be patron of the Heritage Crafts Association.

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful, I'm really looking forward to this series

    ReplyDelete